If you are willing, there are a few things you can do to help us in our journey to parenthood. Depending on your experience and exposure to adoption, this may seem like an awkward subject to you (and trust us, this process has done a lot to bring us outside our comfort zones!). We are so excited to become parents and we hope you’ll share our story with those you know!
- First and foremost, please pray for our future baby and his or her mom, dad, and entire family-for their health, safety, emotional supports, and overall wellbeing.
- Pray for us – for peace, patience, and that we would remember to continually trust in God to create our family. “Don’t you know anything? Haven’t you been listening? God doesn’t come and go. God lasts. He’s Creator of all you can see or imagine. He doesn’t get tired out, doesn’t pause to catch his breath. And he knows everything, inside and out.” -Isaiah 40:28
Sharing Our Story
Last year over 60% of adoptions at Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota happened through personal connections made outside of the agency. This means that it’s more likely that we will find a match with an expectant mother through networking, than through being chosen out of LSS’s waiting families profile book.
Do you know someone who is expecting and considering adoption for their baby? Help us connect by letting them know about us and possibly even making an introduction. Feel free to send them here to get to know us, or by contacting us directly.
Buy a Bag of Fair Trade Coffee
We’ve setup a storefront with Just Love Coffee. For every bag of fair trade coffee sold, we receive $5 to put towards our adoption expenses. Please consider replacing your normal coffee, and buy a bag to help us cover our adoption costs!
Digital Word of Mouth
We would love your help in using your digital/social networks to help spread the word. Simply posting a link on Facebook or Twitter can help extend our network by hundreds, or thousands of people! Also – if you have a website or a blog, would you consider placing a link on your site, or writing a blogpost about us?
Time & Talent Donations
We have so many amazingly talented friends, and while we’ve tried our best with this site, you may have other ideas on how we could make things better. If you would like to contribute your time to help us, we would be so thankful. This could include a lot of things, many of them we haven’t thought of yet, but here are a few:
- Design – We tried a little “DIY” design, but would love help with our website, printed materials, etc.
- *Update-Photography – We would love to have updated professional photos of our fine selves. Thank You to Gina Zeidler Photography for the amazing photos she took for our blog.
- Videography – It would be great to be able to put our story into a short video.
- Fundraising – We don’t have this figured out yet, but we may try garage sales, bike rides, etc.
- High Fives & Hugs – We’re accepting these at any time, from anyone.
Whatever you are willing and able to do, we are so thankful that we have you in our lives, and we thank you for being willing to help us grow our family!